"Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complex simple...that's creativity"
- Charles Mingus
I have had the privilege of leading the strategic communications teams at two Fortune 50 companies (Merck and UTC), a major university (Yale) and the largest health philanthropy in the US (Robert Wood Johnson Foundation). I bring a unique set of optics to solving complex communications and branding problems for both corporate and non-profit clients.
Over the past 35 years, I helped chart the course for:
- United Technologies' award-winning campaign in the Wall Street Journal featuring full page homilies by Harry Gray;
- Merck to be recognized as the Most Admired Corporation in America - for 7 years in a row;
- Hybridon to establish antisense DNA as a new drug development platform worth over $100 million;
- Purdue Pharma to navigate the OxyContin crisis with a 10 point plan to prevent prescription drug abuse;
- Yale to burnish its reputation as a center of excellence for science, medicine and engineering, and
- The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation to be named by FAST COMPANY as one of the world's "10 Most Innovative NPOs."
I would welcome the opportunity to learn about your journey. If you want to take your enterprise in a new direction, please add me to your crew.
- Robin Hogen, Chief Navigator